Have an account?

Thursday, April 15, 2010

About

I’m Chetz Yusof, I'll be 35 years old in May 2010 and I live in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

I have spent a lifetime searching for the keys to being happy and to living a life full of joy, passion and peace. Today, I am happy to say that I get to live a truly delightful life, work I am passionate about and the confidence that I can achieve anything. My mission is to share with others what I have learned about creating your dreams and how to love the ride.

I obtained my degree in Industrial Engineering from Marquette University, Milwaukee WI USA in 1998. After working as Industrial Engineer for nine years, I decided to quit my engineering job and do the things I love – work with dogs, teach guitar and making money on the Internet.

Some people told me that I wasted money and time on my education because I’m now not applying what I learnt in university. When they found out how much I was earning monthly as an engineer and that I gave up a stable income to pursue my dreams, they thought I was crazy. However, what they didn’t realize or know is this - an Industrial Engineer’s job is to MAKE THINGS BETTER.

I worked as an Industrial Engineer for nine years in a manufacturing company and as far as I know, I only made things better for my bosses who pissed me off most of the time. I didn’t feel any satisfaction and it wasn’t rewarding for me at all to say the least.

By doing what I’m doing now, I know I make things better for more people… and dogs too. I help dog owners live happier with their dogs because their dogs are happy too.

I help stray dogs live happier by providing them with food and shelter. I help people who want to quit their jobs, do what they love and be their own boss by providing them the knowledge and tools to make it happen.

Right now, I can make the lives of more people and dogs better in a week than in my nine years working in my old company!


MY TURNING POINT

I had been wanting to quit my job since 2000 to start my own business. In 2001 I started a café business and I had to close it down only after nine months of being in operation. I was depressed and broke. Luckily, I still had my job.

In 2004 I met a new friend, Aneesa. While having a drink, she asked me what do I do for a living and what actually I’d like to do. I told her what I love to do and then she asked me this one question that switched my life’s gear from park to first. She asked, “So, why don’t you do it?” I couldn’t answer her. I thought very hard to find a valid reason why I wasn’t doing the things I’d like to do. I couldn't find one. All were EXCUSES!.

After that question, I started to find out more on how to make money online. I read books, searched for information on the Internet and even spent thousands of dollars going to seminars. Although I have the knowledge I still didn’t have the guts to quit my unrewarding stressful job.

On Sunday, March 11 ’07 my grandmother’s health took a chronic turn for the worse. She had been suffering from cancer of the bladder for almost four years. On the same day my housemate, Aneesa, found five abandoned puppies fighting for their lives.

On March 12 ’07 my grandmother passed away at the age 76. While I was on my way to my grandmother’s funeral, Aneesa called me as asked me if we could foster the five pups found since the SPCA was going to euthanize the puppies because they were too young thus making them susceptible to infection and nobody could foster them at that moment. Today, more than three years later, they are still with us – we decided to keep them.

Their 1st day at home

Anyway, when I was driving back home from the funeral (which is a 7 hour drive from where I lived at the time), memories of my grandmother started flashing before me. My grandparents took care of me since I was 45 days old. They were my parents. When I was very young, I always dreamt of taking good care of them. I wanted to build a nice house for them to live in and not have them worry about anything. Yet, this is a dream that will never come true. My grandfather died when I was thirteen and my grandmother died when I was still working towards becoming my own boss.


Sometimes I blame myself for taking action too slowly. If I had worked harder on my business (not procrastinating), at least I could have given my grandmother a much better life. Now I don’t have that chance anymore. Having said that, I have been blessed with a second chance to make this happen for my partner and now my twelve dogs and two cats.

How many people are fortunate enough to get that elusive second try. So that’s what I’m striving for now.Being your own boss is tough. Fortunately, I have a great and amazing partner who helps and supports me. Adding to the challenge, I have twelve dogs to take care of. Yet, I consider them a blessing. They are my motivation and they teach me how to be both disciplined and responsible.

So, this is my story on how I ended up doing what I’m doing now. Some say you’ll only be successful if you really want it bad enough. In order to want it bad enough you have to have reason to want it in the first place. I have more reasons now and I want it really bad because I know how it feels like to lose the opportunity of giving the ones you love the happy and comfortable life they deserve. I hope you don’t have to learn your lesson the hard way like I did.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chetz ^^
I'm inspired by your life changing story. I myself have a dream of becoming a novel writer. Currently I work as an IT. I love to read and write. However so far, all I find are excuses.
Hopefully I can be like you too.
Fajar

To be or not to be said...

I am not sure about your intention of posting such a video ( you know well ), but my advice is, if you are a true muslim, you shouldn't do that. It is not that Muslims here being over-sensitive, but it is you being not sensitive at all.. Think about it, any religion cannot accept such humiliation...

Anonymous said...

I'm touched by your story. I'm not asking you to give up your dream but Malaysia is not the ideal place for you. This country sucks and lack of humanity. Hope you'll get through this mess. Bless your good heart!

Unknown said...

Assalamualaikum..
Mungkin awak rs post video awk xsalah. tp tahukah apa hukum memelihara anjing di dalam rumah bg org muslim?
Kata al-Qardhawi, hukum membela anjing sebagai binatang kesayangan (hobi) adalah haram, yakni diharamkan oleh Rasulullah. Dalilnya: Daripada Sufyan bin Abu Zuhair, bahawa Nabi SAW bersabda: Barang siapa memelihara anjing bukan untuk menjaga ladang atau ternak, maka setiap hari pahalanya berkurangan satu qirath. (riwayat Bukhari dan Muslim dan semua ahli hadis yang lain).

Inilah juga pendapat majoriti mazhab Syafie, Hanbali, Maliki dan Zahiri (al-Majmuu', IX/234)

Daripada Abdullah bin Umar dia berkata: "Aku mendengar Nabi SAW bersabda: Sesiapa memelihara anjing selain anjing untuk berburu atau anjing menjaga binatang ternak, maka pahalanya akan berkurang dua qirath setiap harinya." (Riwayat Bukhari no. 5059 dan Muslim, no: 2940).

Juga daripada Ibnu Umar RA berkata: "Rasulullah SAW memerintahkan supaya membunuh anjing kecuali anjing untuk berburu atau anjing untuk menjaga kambing atau menjaga haiwan ternak. (riwayat Muslim no. 1571)"

Jadi, belajarlah agama baik2 yer.

Post a Comment