Have an account?

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Letter To A Friend

Hi Chetz ^^
I'm inspired by your life changing story. I myself have a dream of becoming a novel writer. Currently I work as an IT. I love to read and write. However so far, all I find are excuses. Hopefully I can be like you too.
Fajar


I received this comment from a friend I met on FB today. I'm really happy that I somehow inspired a person to follow his dream, no matter where you are in your life right now.

I've seen a lot of people who are not happy with their work/job, I can say 99.9% of the people I know wish they could do something else instead of the job they're in now.

But the sad thing is, after a few years and when I saw them again, they are still where they were a few years before. They might be in a different company, but still unhappy and wish they could do something else. So, this is my letter to Fajar, and my friends who are in similar situation.

Dear Fajar (and friends),

Thank you so much for leaving that kind comment on my blog. You don't know how happy I am receiving such comment. It makes the hardship and tough times I went through worthwhile.

Following your dreams is not easy. It takes sacrifices. My best friend always to me, if you want to follow your passion, you have to suffer because that's what passion means... to suffer.

What is Passion?

Passion stems from the Latin work pati, meaning "to suffer." The stem pass comes from the word passive meaning "capable of suffering."

Are you willing to sacrifice and to suffer for your dreams?

I'm happy that you're aware that whatever obstacles you have now which stop you from achieving your dreams are EXCUSES.

So? I believe there's a reason why you're in IT Fajar (whatever field you're in now).



"There are no accidents." ~ Master Oogway

"
One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it." ~ Again from Master Oogway
: )

Since you're in IT, I'm sure you won't have any problem setting up a blog or you'll easily understand any technical terms. I think if you haven't done so, you should start a blog NOW.

Don't have to think much. Just use your name as the blog name and create one on blogger or tumblr or whatever platform you're comfortable with.... AND START WRITING!

Even if it's only one line/sentence.

JUST START. That how I started. I just bought a domain name after my conversation with my new best friend as you read on "about" page. And that is four years ago and the domain name I use now is totally different. But if I didn't start then, I wouldn't be where I am now.

Do it NOW!

So, that's my suggestion. Start a blog, start writing and build readers and followers. You'll never know. Maybe one of your followers is a book publisher or knows someone in that industry. By the time you publish your book, you already have thousand of followers and your book could easily become a bestseller because I'm sure your fans will get a copy.

You don't have to spend a lot of time at first, just get the momentum going. Instead of playing World at War (I saw a lot of this on your status : ) ) or Mafia War or Farmville or whatever off working hour you have and spend 10 - 15 minutes on this. Is that too much?

What is the cost you have to pay LATER if you postpone it now?

Do you REALLY want to be a Novel Writer (or put whatever goals/dreams here)?

I hope I get a comment soon that you've just written something on your blog. Set up an FB Fan page and I'll be one of the first to join... even though I'm not a novel fan : )

Go and do it NOW!

Sincerely,

0 comments:

Post a Comment